Weathershield Car Covers by CovercraftWeatherShield, uses the patented EPIC by Nextec encapsulation process, originally developed for high performance outdoor sports-wear. Their proprietary technology uses precision and controlled placement of special polymers to make ordinary fabrics extraordinary! This encapsulation process places an ultra-thin film around the fabric fibers and precisely places a durable, breathable barrier within the woven polyester fabric to complete the high performance finish process. Unlike traditional coatings and laminations that just protect one side of the fabric, Nextec uses up to 40 computerized process controls to place protective polymers inside the fabric, to shed water, dust, bird droppings, tree sap and industrial pollutants.
Covercraft's High-Performance Fabric
- With patented immersion finish
- Sheds Water / Dust / Resist UV
- Super Compact for Easy Storage
- Easy Care Fabric
- Warranty: 4 Year
Our high-performance fabric - a Covercraft exclusive - Great Protection Indoors & Out!
Weathershield Car Covers WeatherShield is a fabric that provides maximum protection, but isn't bulky and hard to store. Using Nextec encapsulation technology we've created the ultimate car cover and we named it WeatherShield because no other fabric has ever shielded your car or truck from the elements like this one!
The encapsulation coats the fibers and fills the voids between the threads with a breathable barrier to assure moisture, dust and pollutants are kept away from the vehicles finish. The base, high-strength, polyester fabric is naturally UV resistant, but we've added UV inhibitors to the polymers to help slow-down the degradation that occurs naturally on anything exposed to sun for an extended period of time.
- Weatherproof - Fabric sheds water as soon as it hits the cover.
- Superior Dry Time - Because the fabric sheds moisture it has an absorption factor of only 2%, compared with up to 40% for standard woven and non-woven fabrics. That means, if the cover has been sitting out in the rain you only need to shake it and the residue moisture will easily dry, in the trunk or on the car.
- Breathable - Allows any heat or condensation under the cover to easily escape.
- UV Resistant - Special additives prevent UV degradation and protect the vehicles finish and interior.
- Dust-proof - Patented fiber encapsulation process prevents dust from filtering through the fabric.
- Scratch-less - Polymers provide a silky smooth finish to the fabric and provide superior paint protection. Nextec fabric has been tested at 1,000 cycles on abrasion wheels without scratching (surface must be clean and waxed).
- Durable - The encapsulation process is not affected by heat or cold and the process won't degrade over the life of the fabric.
- Easy Care - Unlike non-woven fabrics you can clean most car-size WeatherShield covers in your HOME washer and dryer.
- Packs Small & Light - All this protection in a lightweight package that packs into 1/4 to 1/2 the volume of multi-layer, non-woven fabrics. That's a cover for a Honda Accord he's holding - minimal storage space, but high-performance protection.
Weathershield Car Covers
Now Choose From Eight (8) Colors!
WeatherShield, uses a patented immersion process that uses heat and pressure to permanently encapsulate the fibers of the fabric to shed moisture and block dust, dirt, bird droppings, tree sap and grime. This encapsulation process places an ultra thin coating around the fabric fibers and at the same time creates a durable, breathable barrier within the woven polyester fabric to complete the high performance finish process. Unlike traditional coatings and laminations that just protect one side of the fabric WeatherShield places long lasting protective formulas inside the fabric.
The result is a fabric that provides maximum protection, but isn't bulky and hard to store. Using this immersion encapsulation technology we've created the ultimate car cover...and we named it WeatherShield because no other fabric has every shielded your car or truck from the elements like this one!
This immersion encapsulation coats the fibers and fills the voids between the threads with a breathable barrier to assure any moisture that does get under the cover (or heat on a hot summer day) can easily escape through the fabric. During evaporation moisture turns into vapor and the vapor is smaller than water droplets so it easily transfers through the fabric. The base, high-strength, polyester fabric is naturally UV resistant, but we've added UV inhibitors to the polymers to help slow-down the degradation that occurs naturally on anything exposed to sun for an extended period of time.
Weathershield Car Covers by Covercraft
You just couldn’t afford a mind blowing Chevelle SS in 1970, but your love affair for that famous muscle car has always lingered. Now you finally have your dream car and it’s become part of the family. Whether it’s an original or total restoration, it deserves the best protection from Mother Nature at outdoor shows as well as in the garage. Covercraft Industries has just what you need with their revolutionary WeatherShield car cover. It’s high performance protection for your high performance car. WeatherShield features the NEXTEC encapsulation process, which places an ultra thin film around the individual fabric fibers, which installs a durable, breathable barrier within the woven fabric. The protection is inside the material as well as on the surface. All WeatherShield covers feature overlapped, double-stitched seams, neoprene elastic hems for a snug fit and reinforced non-scratch tie- down grommets. WeatherShield is lightweight (less than 5 ounces per square yard) but extremely durable and can be washed and dried at home.
* Note: For more information on how Nextec makes "Performance Fabrics for the Real World" visit www.nextec.com
EXTREMELY HIGH WEATHER RESISTANCE
WeatherShield fabric is manufactured exclusively for Covercraft using Nextec patented encapsulation process developed for outdoor performance wear. This encapsulation process uses precision and controlled placement of proprietary polymers to make ordinary fabrics extraordinary. By placing an ultra-thin film around the fabric fibers this process created a durable breathable barrier within the fabric. Unlike traditional coatings and laminations that just protects one side of the fabric, this process places protective polymers inside the fabric!
The WeatherShield features are:
- Best Weather Resistance
Water literally just runs off this fabric. This is so dramatic that in a recent demonstration we were asked if we were using "real water"! (It even passed hurricane testing to level 8 on AATCC standards!)
Allows heat and condensation under the cover to escape easily.
Nextec technology provides superior protection; tested to 1,000 cycles without scratching.
- Superior Dry Time
Because the fabric sheds moisture, just shake it and it dries in minutes.
- UV Resistant
Special additives prevent UV degradation and protect the vehicle's finish and interior.
Patented fiber encapsulation process prevents dust from filtering through the fabric.
- Small & Light
All this protection in a lightweight package that folds down so compactly it is less than half the SIZE of popular multi-layer fabrics, making this cover the only cover that you can really take with you anywhere without it taking up valuable storage space
- Easy Care
Wash and dry at home.
NEW Multi-Colored WeatherShield covers are now available! Put some COLOR in your WeatherShield car cover available with a different color for the flat surfaces (deck) and sides (or just order a complete cover in one of our new colors). You can now pick your favorite color for the "deck" (bonnet, roof, boot) and another color for the sides to customize your custom cover.